Thursday 2 August 2007

Saving dinner

I am eternally grateful for the day that I found Saving Dinner. It has not only saved dinner in this household, but also my sanity! For a nominal subscription, Leanne Ely emails a weekly dinner plan, including very easy recipes, and most importantly - a shopping list. And you have the option of serves for either 6, or 2.

Every week I just print out my recipes and shopping list, add the usual other bits and pieces, and head off to the supermarket. Every week I am amazed to come in well under my grocery budget, even with the addition of a pack of disposable nappies (diapers to you US folks) every so often. And I NEVER have to wonder "what on earth am I going to cook tonight? Of course, if your husband, partner or lover whisks you away for a romantic evening at a classy restaurant, plans can be changed at the drop of a hat --- but, if you are stuck in the kitchen, at least you know there is something to be had from the depths of the cupboard / freezer.

I hope that one day I will have the time / organisation to put together my own menu plans, including shopping lists. But until then, the small subscription has well and truly paid for itself with peace of mind, and savings at the check-out.

0 comments: