Wednesday 1 August 2007

Changing perspectives

What a busy day! Swimming lesson at 9am, then a trip to the health clinic for Naomi's 6 month vaccinations. LOL!!! What a change this motherhood thing makes. A year ago, a busy day was having a bulk carrier ship run aground, oil in the water, jump on a helicopter out to the vessel, deal with Government officials, interview crew, liaise with salvage team, insurers in London etc .... then have 4 hours sleep and get up to do it all again the next day.

Now a busy day involves blowing bubbles and kicking off the side of the pool, followed by 2 jabs at the clinic, and home by lunch time! I am worn out, and Naomi is snoozing.

I was chatting to one of the ladies from my mother's group at the clinic and we were discussing work. My boss is pushing me to start back in the office for a couple of days a week. I am not keen. Not only do we not want to put Naomi in daycare yet, but frankly, I do not want to go back to a stressful job. I would be very happy doing something far less stressful, and enjoying my time away from bub, than dive head first back into a career that is a 24-hour a day commitment...... Now, how to tell the boss that??

0 comments: