Saturday 14 March 2009

The way I was back then.....

This meme was over at Nikki's blog. It got me reminiscing about a few years back!

1. Did you date someone from your high school? Not in Grade 12.

2. Did you marry someone from your high school? Nope. Brad and I met in a pub in London!

3. Did you carpool to school? No, mostly the school bus (we were in a rural area), but sometimes would ride along with Mum, who worked in town.

4. What kind of car did you have? I didn't. Got my first car about 4 years after high school! I think only a couple of people in our year had their own cars.

5. What kind of car do you have now? I have a 1998 Toyota Camry. It's old, but the air-con still works, which is all I need in the tropics!

6. It's Saturday night now; you're...at home watching t.v. waiting for Naomi to wake up (she wakes around 3 times a night. Snuggling on the couch with my sweetie.

7. It's Saturday night then; you're... at home with a book, music or a family board game. Or maybe staying over at my best friend's house (she lived on a farm about 30kms the other side of town to us.)

8. What kind of job did you have in high school? I worked at the local Coles Supermarket, as a checkout chick.

9. What kind of job do you have now? Full-time wife and mum. Part-time aspirer to crafty goddess. Former marine lawyer.

10. Were you a party animal? Not in high school - no opportunity! But don't ask about Uni...

11. Were you considered a flirt? Definitely not.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Choir. Still love to sing, but only get the opportunity in shower or to cd's now.

13. Were you a nerd? Yep, at least a bit.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled? No! Not even a detention, that I can recall. My dad was a local primary school principal. I can't imaging getting in that much trouble!

15. Can you sing the fight song? Not sure what this is.

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? My English teacher and music teachers were both pretty great.

17. Where did you sit during lunch? With my best friend, wherever.

18. What was your school's full name? Left blank.

19. When did you graduate? 1994

20. What was your school mascot? Didn't have one - this must be an American thing!

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Ummmm.... not sure. I did enjoy it lots, at the time.

22. Did you have fun at prom? Yes - despite what I now consider to be just about the most awful dress and hairstyle I could have chosen!!!

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to prom with? Yes, she was my best friend and we went together. Not many people went with a 'date', unless they were already a couple.

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Possibly, if we are in the area.

25. Do you still talk to people from school? Some - the important ones.

26. School colors? Blue and maroon.

Feel free to cut and paste and do this one for yourself -- if nothing else, it is good for reminiscing!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

This one is fun, isn't it? And I learned some interesting things about Australia: no mascots or fight songs!

Emma said...

Where's that baby?? Tell it Aunty Emma is getting impatient!