Wednesday 11 March 2009

Patience is not one of my virtues....

Technically, there are still 9 days to go until my due date. Realistically, I wanted this over and done with a month ago! I spend my days analysing every twinge, ache and pain and wondering... will it start today? Or tonight?

A few weeks ago I would have said I was nesting. The house was spotless, I was following my housekeeping routine and felt like I had some energy and a positive vibe going. Now I just feel hot, tired and aching. All I want to do is sit down and read / stitch / surf the internet / sleep. Unfortunately, I could write the same list and call it "Things Naomi HATES Mummy Doing"!!

My one really useful achievement in the past couple of weeks has been to start cooking double sizes of some meals and freezing them away for easy post-baby dinners. We only have a small freezer compartment, so I am actually sending all my frozen meals out to Mum's big deep freeze, for collection back at a later date! It has made our grocery bills a bit higher, to be buying extra meat portions, but will be well worth it when Brad and I are both too exhausted to be bothered cooking.

My mum is convinced that the baby will be born this Saturday, 14 March. The date is special to us, as it was my Dad's birthday. And it is also the first date that we calculated my due date to be, before the first scan. Me, I am beginning to feel like I will be pregnant forever!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh, it's got to be hard to have gone past your due date. I was induced with both of mine, so I didn't have that. Just remember, I read this somewhere, no one is pregnant forever; the baby always comes out sometime.

Barbara said...

Good Luck Sasha. My son was very late, my daughter bang on her due date - so you never know! Not very helpful am I!
I'll drop back in a few days and see if the hunch of the 14th was right. It's my nephew's 18th birthday too.
Bx

Rachel Anne said...

I hope your delivery goes (went?) well! Prayers for a healthy baby and quick recovery!