Friday 9 May 2008

House sale and bargains


I forgot to mention yesterday, our most exciting news - the sale of our house is set to proceed on 28 May! The purchaser has confirmed that he is happy with all the inspection reports that he has received (pest, building, electrical and a property valuation!). So I now have less than 3 weeks to pack up the combined clutter of a 3 bedroom house and a Family Daycare business into boxes. The big catch is that we are not yet sure that we can move into the new house on the same date. It may be as much as 2 weeks after we sell this house. Whilst I relish the thought of 2 weeks in a holiday apartment, we could do without the expense of renting, storing furniture etc, not to mention the loss of my business income from not having a house to care for kids in!
I have to get onto our lawyer today and get confirmation of a date to move into the next house, so that I can warn my parent clients if there is going to be a delay of some days.
Above is a photo of Naomi enjoying her new property - a diorama book called 'Maisy's Farm' that I picked up for $2 at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago. It shows signs of previous hard lovin', but the daycare kids and Naomi love when I set it up and they can play with all of the cut-out people, animals, tractors etc.

1 comments:

Barbara said...

That is such exciting news about selling your house. Hope you manage to sort out your dates for moving into the new house. Wouldn't it be great if it could be on the same day! Good luck