Wednesday 6 February 2008

Love Zip-lock bags!


The humble zip-lock bag. It has a million uses. And best of all, it can be rinsed and re-used over and over again. One pack of zip-lock bags has lasted the Cherished household nearly 6 months! Here are a few of my favourite uses for them:
1. Place your opened block of cheese into a zip-lock bag, to keep it airtight and avoid those dried out ends that no-one likes and you just have to throw away. Cheese is getting so expensive that I just love to use every little bit of it!
2. If you have left over chopped onion, (or peeled but not yet chopped), place it all in your zip-lock bag, and keep in the veg crisper of your fridge for up to a week -- without the smell getting all through everything you own.
3. My all-time favourite, is a use that comes from my older sister, who had her 4th little cherub in early January. In those first few weeks / months, when nursing the baby on one side, and the other breast leaks, slip an open zip-lock bag over the other breast, and collect the milk... beats expressing, and can be frozen for up to 6 months!
Now head on over to Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer for more great WFMW tips.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sasha

As a former midwife, I have never come across that idea before! I will have to pass it on to my sister who is expecting her third child in June.

Thanks for commenting on my blog and "de-lurking" ~ yours is the first comment that I have had from Australia!

Marie x

Kara said...

I love the last one!!