Thursday 4 October 2007

A day in the kitchen

Doesn't sound as glamorous as a night at the opera, does it?!?!? But Naomi and I did have fun. We got given a bench-top water filter/cooler as a wedding present, which I have set up on the kitchen bench. This now forms an integral part of my healthy resolution to drink more water... maybe I should keep a running tally of number of cups I drink per day!

We were also given a wonderful cook book - the Australian Womens Weekly Cook book, from which Naomi and I baked bacon & herb muffins ... which I strongly recomend!

Ingredients
6 bacon rashers - rind removed and finely chopped
3 cups Self raising flour
60g butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
2 teaspoons oregano leaves (chopped if fresh)
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 cup (250ml) milk

Method
Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (180 for fan-forced oven). Grease muffin pan.
Cook bacon in lightly oiled frying pan, stirring, until crisp. Drain on paper towel and cool.
Sift flour into large bowl and rub in butter. Stir in bacon, all herbs and cheese, then combined eggs and milk.
Spoon mixture into muffin pan. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 10 - 12.

And they freeze really well, great for lunches. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Kara said...

My family would love these. I can't wait to try them.