Wednesday 5 September 2007

Maternal Musings...

I am becoming more serious about my idea to start a maternity wear shop here in our home town. When I was pregnant, I found that the department stores have a very small selection, and even smaller in sizes for real women. The one maternity store in town is very expensive (a plain white blouse for A$100!), and buying online was difficult to calculate size and shape..... I ended up mostly just living in large size shirts and the same couple of pairs of shorts!

So I thought to canvas other mums and find out 2 things....

1. What did / do you do for buying maternity wear? Would you prefer to be able to try clothes on?

2. What other products would you like in a maternity shop? Pregnancy-safe aromatherapy? Pretty maternity underwear? Comfortable shoes with a bit of style??

Your comments and input would be greatly appreciated! I am very nervous about this idea, but becoming more certain that it could actually work.....

1 comments:

Melissa Markham said...

I emailed you a few days ago with my snail mail address, it may have gotten sent to your junk folder. I just emailed again. Please let me know if you don't get it and we will have to figure out another way to get you my address.

Thanks again! Good luck with your maternity shop. My mom purchased me a set that was four pieces...mix and match and I mostly wore that! And I had friends give me items so I didn't buy a whole lot.