Monday 13 August 2007

Crafty gift idea!

It was my wonderful mum's birthday last week - she is such an inspiration to me (see today's other post!). Anyway, now that her studies are all but done, she is itching to get back into patchwork, knitting and other crafty things in her "spare" time - aside from all of that full-time work nonsense she will be doing!

So my brainwave for a gift idea was an annual subscription to a patchwork/craft magazine. You get a discount on each issue, for buying in advance, and every month she gets a pleasant little luxury in the mailbox.

When her eyes lit up as I told her (and handed over the current issue that I had bought), I was glad of the brainwave -- (and also hoping to be able to filch some back issues when she isn't looking, in due course!!). The gift that keeps on giving!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome idea, my daughter did this for me last christmas with a subscription to Martha Stewart's Real Simple magazine. here's the kicker - they ran a special offer where you pay for a gift subscription for someone and you get one too for free. talk about the gift that keeps giving, she giveth to me, they giveth to her.... but seriously, i just love my magazine and look forward to it every month.

briggie ^i^