Friday 17 April 2009

Still here!

I am still here, in case you were wondering.... I am just digging my way out from underneath a mountain of packing boxes, and dirty nappies. Boy, do little babies go through them!

We are now officially moved to a small regional town, about 1.5 hours drive from the city we were living in. And I love it! On a very busy day at the local supermarket, the check-out girl offered to have someone help me take my groceries to the car, and then a lovely man offered to push my full trolley up the steep slope to my car (I had to park in the very back of the car park). Obviously a lady with 2 small kids gets sympathy in the country. In the city, they just look sideways at you and think "Crazy lady - who brings 2 small children shopping?", then keep walking.

All is well with us - Ryan is still being very kind to his mamma, and sleeping very well. He is down to 1 feed through the night now, and sleeps till 7am most mornings. Of course, he feeds like a trooper all day, and is putting on nearly a pound a week -- eek! I think he is going to be a front rower - must remember to advise the Wallabies (Australia's national Rugby Union team), that he is available for selection!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow! You moved with a newborn? Wait! I did that, too, last year. Oh, my, was it difficult! I'm glad you like your new home. And take your time with the boxes; they'll still be there when you get to them.

Melody said...

*heehee* We moved when Monet was 10 days old! Didn't think anything of it at the time. Knowing our luck we'll probably move when the newbie is born!

You sound organised, happy and content. I am sure that life is different for you now, moving to a new town (is it A or M?) and having 2 children and a husband that is working (probably) long hours.

Good to hear from you.

Kara said...

I'm so glad to hear your move went well. I love living outside of town as well, people just seem to be not in such a hurry and willing to help!
Keep enjoying those sweet babies:)