Monday 25 February 2008

Middle Name Meme....

Kara has tagged me for a middle name meme.

Here are the Rules: Post the rules on your blog, and then give your answers. List one fact about yourself for each letter in your middle name. Each fact must begin with a letter from your middle name. If you do not have a middle name, use your maiden name(or create a middle name).Once you are tagged, update your blog with your middle name and your answers. At the end of your post, tag one person for each letter of you middle name. Leave them a comment on their blog telling them that they have been tagged, and that they need to come read your blog for details.

If my wonderful mum and dad had known when they were naming me that I would have to come up with something about me for each letter, I am sure that they would have given me a shorter middle name. Or at least, only 1 of them, rather than 2! My middle names are Genevieve Peta. I am going to stick with just Genevieve for the purposes of this Meme!

G - Gardening - I love it, and wish I was better at it! Hardy plants do best in my garden!
E - Enya is one of my favourite music artists. I was given my first Enya tape when I was about 12, and have loved her music ever since.
N - Not good at maths or science subjects. I know enough to count my change at the supermarket!
E - English is where I excel - I am a speed reader and enjoy writing.
V - Vintage. All things shabby-chic, soft, girly, country-ish. I love them all.
I - Ireland. Spent a wonderful week exploring County Galway, and County Waterford, with my mum, a few years ago. We booked a little cottage in the country and explored around as we pleased. We have some fantastic memories and stories from that week.
E - Elegantly dressed, I am not! It's comfort and easy wash / low iron that I look for in clothes. But I do admire women who look like they have a touch of 'polish' about them (their legs are shaved, for a start!!)
V - Very very very addicted to sweet things, since having Naomi. Savoury used to be my downfall - now I crave that sugar rush!
E - Every cloud has a silver lining. I am working on trying to see the good in things, and being more positive about life.

Now, I am not going to do specific tags -- but anyone who reads this and wants to play along, just link back to this post from your blog, and we can have us a miniature bloggy carnival together!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Are you finding it hard with more than one young child to look after during the day? Do you have a place set aside for the child minding?

I could never babysit. My 2 kids are 1 year apart and they were quite a handful when young (they are now 14 and 15). I used to look after other kids during emergencies but was never able to actually do regular sitting.

Kara said...

I love your middle name!