Wednesday 14 November 2007

WFMW - creamy mash!


Want to make deliciously creamy mashed potato that the whole family will love? (LOL - Nigella, eat your heart out!)
My tip is, when mashing the boiled spuds, mix in the usual butter and milk, and ADD a couple of good tablespoons of cream cheese, while mashing. The cheese softens through the potato and makes it really creamy. For a twist, you can try the flavoured cream cheese (our favourite is herb and garlic), for extra yummy potatoes. My little family now loves their mash!
This would also be a way of slipping a little extra dairy into the diet of a fussy eater.
For more great tips and ideas, check out Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I'll have to try this one. I love mashed potatoes!

Melissa Markham said...

Yum! And just in time for Thanksgiving! A great tip!

TexasTanya said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

I CANNOT wait to try this. I absolutely LOVE cream cheese, and I absolutely LOVE mashed potatoes. Perfect! Thank you.

Qtpies7 said...

Oh, that sounds wonderful! My husband just left the store, so I know he won't go back in and get cream cheese. I'll have to wait to try it.