Monday 16 July 2007

A wonderful weekend

This weekend I got back to my country-girl roots -- and boy, did it feel good! We went back to my home town for the annual rodeo and show, which I hadn't been to in years. It was Brad's first ever rodeo experience (what a city boy he is!), and he enjoyed it too. The sights, smells and enjoyment took me right back to when I was a child, sitting in the grand stands, snuggling into parents and siblings for warmth, eating hamburgers for dinner and counting my coins to see if I had enough for fairy floss (cotton candy), for dessert!

It was nice to take Naomi and introduce her to things from my childhood. We were blessed to be raised by parents of great love and faith, who had a knack for giving us good memories without having much money to spend.

And yesterday was the epitome of a lazy Sunday afternoon! What more could a girl ask from a weekend??

0 comments: