Friday 27 July 2007

A rose by any other name




Because I haven't yet posted about my crafting, here is a little something I finished a couple of weeks ago. My sister Emma is the proficient cross-stitcher, but I managed to get this done within my 1 year time limit for craft projects! Now I am not sure whether to just get it framed and hang in my boudoir (well, the bedroom that I dream of being a 'boudoir'!), or whether to try to incorporate it into something else. I think the framing sounds easiest, and then I have it for posterity, as they say!


On a positive note, after a full day of me feeling like a jersey cow (doing everything I can to increase milk supply), and Naomi feeling like she is being fattened up for Christmas turkey dinner, we had a much better night's sleep - only 3 wakes last night. I gave her a full feed at each (tickling feet, rubbing back, moving arm, coughing -- anything to keep her awake long enough for the second side!), and she slept nearly 4 hours between each wake up. As much as I was determined that the nasty nurse who told me I am not feeding her enough and she is waking up hungry was NOT going to be right, I am afraid the proof is in the pudding ... or the sleeping, in this case. I will not be convinced until it is a definite pattern, but I do feel refreshed and full of energy this morning!


Has anyone else had a small baby that is just hungry all the time???

1 comments:

Emma said...

Now that I have spammed your blog with comments, it's nice to see you online! I'll pop you on my bloglines. Truth be told, I found co sleeping produced my fattest baby. Fat in a good way, that is. He stayed around the 50th percentile, though he's still little for his age now. And I got way more sleep with him than I did with any of the others.

And the cross stitch is gorgeous, though the one year deadline is harsh! I'd never finish anything!! Most of my projects these days take at least two years, except the Christmas ornaments.